Oct 16, 2011

Mom's Famous Lasagna

I wanted to make something special for Almir and we were both talking about how bad we were craving lasagna, my mom popped in my head. She has the best in the world. So I had the next day off and while Almir was at work, I attempted the impossible ... cooking. I called my mom and she gave me the ingredients and steps. I went to the store and while checking out was feeling a little overwhelmed, Please dear baby jesus let this turn out well.

Ingredients: (for a 9x3 pan)

Lasagna Noodles
2lb of Ground Beef ( I like the 96/4 extra lean beef)
6 cups of Mozzarella Cheese
Ricotta Cheese
Tomato, Garlic, Onion pasta sauce ( I use about 2 jars)


Directions:

1.) Brown the beef in a skillet and then drain the grease out ( using the extra lean beef there should not be tons of grease but there still will be a little)
2.) While the beef is cooking, boil the noodles (oh and preheat the oven to 350 hehe)
3.) After the beef is browned and the grease is drained turn the skillet down to low and add the sauce




4.) In your 9x3 pan cover the bottom of the pan with the beef/sauce
5.) Add a layer of noodles that covers the entire pan
6.) Next Add your ricotta cheese by spreading it over the noodles having a good amount but not too thick
7.) Sprinkle 2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top of the ricotta cheese
8.) Add another layer of the beef/sauce
9.) repeat 2 more times
10.) finally add the last layer of noodles and top with cheese


11.) Bake for 35 mins on the bottom rack

To my surprise it was really simple and actually kind of fun. Not to mention its a great way to impress the boyfriend ;)

xoxo
Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment